I posted some ideas in other threads, so I made this one to organize my own thoughts.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I posted some ideas in other threads, so I made this one to organize my own thoughts.

Post  mrmcman1616 on Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:53 pm

If this site is going to make it, it needs an overhaul.

Propositions:

-Rank system. Helps new people know who to trust. Helped me my first time on a forum, anyway.

-Remove the post count display. Make it so that only the user can see it. It helps take away from the competition of I need more posts than so&so, so I'll spam.

-More sections. Just because you don't like an area, doesn't mean other's agree. Make more sections, and when a new gen of consoles comes out there will be two sides of fanboys to cleanly debate who has made the better one.

-Advertisement. Obvious, but word needs to get out about the forum, more than the occasional mention in a video. As already suggested by THO, put it in your signature on other forums.

-Content. Make MANY more exclusive videos on here. Maybe as high as 75% of your vids come on here. It will draw a crowd. Maybe make it so you have to register to view the blogs the movies will be in. Edit: Alright, looks like this may be solved.

-T-shirts? I know TKE already considered it (or was it a DVD? Hm.). T-shirts could bring in income, which could be spent advertising on Google for a short time.

-Appeal. The site needs to appeal to the masses. The catchy name is fantastic, now we (who am I kidding? there is no We) just need to work on creating a good, welcoming environment for newcomers, and balance it out so that people who have been to other forums find a similar system, and they aren't turned away.

-More pages. there could be a news page, or hell, several news pages, about the stuff above.

-User profiles. Mare advanced profiles, with comment pages, personal pictures, outside links, blogs, a friend system....

Maybe you will take the suggestions, and maybe you won't. But the site is going under, no denying that. It needs to be fixed, soon.

mrmcman1616

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I posted some ideas in other threads, so I made this one to organize my own thoughts.

Post  TheHandofOdd on Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:27 pm

mrmcman1616 wrote:If this site is going to make it, it needs an overhaul.

Propositions:

-Rank system. Helps new people know who to trust. Helped me my first time on a forum, anyway.

-Remove the post count display. Make it so that only the user can see it. It helps take away from the competition of I need more posts than so&so, so I'll spam.

-More sections. Just because you don't like an area, doesn't mean other's agree. Make more sections, and when a new gen of consoles comes out there will be two sides of fanboys to cleanly debate who has made the better one.

-Advertisement. Obvious, but word needs to get out about the forum, more than the occasional mention in a video. As already suggested by THO, put it in your signature on other forums.

-Content. Make MANY more exclusive videos on here. Maybe as high as 75% of your vids come on here. It will draw a crowd. Maybe make it so you have to register to view the blogs the movies will be in. Edit: Alright, looks like this may be solved.

-T-shirts? I know TKE already considered it (or was it a DVD? Hm.). T-shirts could bring in income, which could be spent advertising on Google for a short time.

-Appeal. The site needs to appeal to the masses. The catchy name is fantastic, now we (who am I kidding? there is no We) just need to work on creating a good, welcoming environment for newcomers, and balance it out so that people who have been to other forums find a similar system, and they aren't turned away.

-More pages. there could be a news page, or hell, several news pages, about the stuff above.

-User profiles. Mare advanced profiles, with comment pages, personal pictures, outside links, blogs, a friend system....

Maybe you will take the suggestions, and maybe you won't. But the site is going under, no denying that. It needs to be fixed, soon.
It all could go down.

But that would require a complete overhaul. It wouldn't be smooth, but every one would have to get in on it.
TheHandofOdd
Admin

View user profile http://holycrapbatman.com

Back to top Go down

Re: I posted some ideas in other threads, so I made this one to organize my own thoughts.

Post  mrmcman1616 on Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:37 am

Yeah, an overhaul would be necessary. But, it could be done. You need to really invest time and effort to make a forum aesthetically pleasing (easy to use, not hard to look at, eliminate minor annoyances, etc). So, I think it needs a more solid colour scheme (right now, there is serious contrast between the bright whites and dark black bars/main screen), the Harvey Dent picture removed/resized/placed somewhere else (a minor annoyance of mine, I have to scroll down every time I load a page in the forum, maybe others don't like it either), and a more original feel. To me, this forum feels....plain, like the bare basics. But, it's young, and could evolve. Still, there could be more of a site, not just a forum/blogs. A news page (Possibly similar to the one found on Qj.net), a product reviews page, more advanced profiles, some specially selected guide writers...the list goes on. The site has the market, just not the specs yet. You need to open up the admin team to more than you and TKE, to people like NixonTech, who have been with the site, want it to succeed, and have the time and skill to devote to making the site great.

mrmcman1616

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tolstoydreamcastfan on Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:30 pm

i think this site is fine and all we need is more people which is getting better
tolstoydreamcastfan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top